Patti's Journal

Patti Sterling - Word Jazz and Observations - Keyboard Improvisation - Just Makin' It Up in the Middle Of The Night - After Closin' Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Woodland Hills, California

I have been a professional singer/songwriter most of my life, recently added teaching to the mix

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Was I There ?

Was I there for you
when you called
in the middle
of your Darkest Night?
Was I there for you
each sunny morning
that you called stormy?
Wasn't it I who made the jokes
and kept you laughing
at my feeble attempts to hold you
to the other side of This Life?

I meant every word,
every sacrifice was made in Hope
to keep you near,
To help you find your Happiness,
In a world which you found bleak,uninteresting.

I never suspected you were busy
turning my intentions
against me.
But, you were skilled
at the Art of Deception,
and I was a Fool.

A fool for believing
in the pretend games,
we played as children,
The bedtime stories we shared,
the spider hunts for your safe keeping
The hugs in the middle of those rages . . .

I was there - I know I was .
Where were you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home