Patti's Journal

Patti Sterling - Word Jazz and Observations - Keyboard Improvisation - Just Makin' It Up in the Middle Of The Night - After Closin' Time

My Photo
Name:
Location: Woodland Hills, California

I have been a professional singer/songwriter most of my life, recently added teaching to the mix

Friday, November 25, 2005

Thankful

For the fact I am beginning to dream again
Dream that my Vision
of cleaning up this mess
has almost come to pass,
I stood up to the Giants
and they are almost gone,
That is not to say much will be left standing,
when the last of Their Dust has been Swept Out the Door,
Not Under The Rug...
Why did I fall for that Lie?
I am usually a much better housekeeper...
But, I put the the Cart Before The Horse,
Thinking I was powerful enough
to reverse the Order of the Universe,
And, I think we all know,
Who is really in charge of such things

okay, Okay, I get IT...
Man, did I get it...
You talk about Shake it up Baby...
Whole lotta' Shakin' goin' on,
I don't need Ronald Isley to throw down on this one,
Jerry Lee told me about it early on,
and Ms. Franklin,
sang to me of the Do-Right woman ,
and Man.

How quickly we forget the Lessons
of Humility,
Taught by the Right-On Reverend Al Green,
Lover Man Sam Cook, and the Prophet of Doom
Marvin Gaye,
and all those other
Blue Boys before them.

Don't you reach beyond your raizin', Little Missy,
You keep to your Place,
Follow the Rules,
you Ain't no better than the Next one,
But you might be just as good,
And, if the Circle is really Unbroken,
like they say,
you may live to
Play the Game
Again.

Yes, I am Thankful

1 Comments:

Blogger dawsonsnewrage said...

Hi patricia
I am glad you visited my blog and letting me know you know Steve Howard! In fact, he recently finished up some tracks for my latest CD. I would love to send you a mix of a track as we are mixing in December.

Keep making music!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home